Montrose is hosting our 2nd Sweet 16 Pickleball Tournament on Saturday, November 25th. Work off some of the extra Thanksgiving calories on the pickleball court.
Registration is now open by calling customer service at 970-249-7705. Come and play pickleball in our new gyms. We encourage players from Montrose and surrounding towns to come play with us. The registration fee is $10. Prizes and snacks provided.
Sign up for 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0+ divisions. The 3.0 and 3.5 will play from 9:00 am – 11:00 am (with open courts until noon) and 4.0+ will play from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm (with open courts until 3:00 pm).
A key feature which makes this format attractive is that players do not need to find a partner to participate. You rotate and get to play with a variety of partners. It is fast paced and FUN!
Here is a summary of how it works:
- Players sign up as individuals, in advance. Since we need exactly16 players per event, those who sign up must commit to show up. We will have one or two alternates in case of a last minute cancelation.
- Every player gets to play with 6 other players.
- We will post the rotation schedule. The schedule shows you who your partner and opponents will be. You will play 6 games and have 2 byes.
- These games are timed. You will play 15 minutes, and then rotate with a new partner and new opponents. The event lasts a little over 2 hours.
- Final score is by “win” / “loss” per game. We will also track points. The individual player’s wins are totaled at the end of the games to determine the winners!
The first 16 who register will get to play. We have a lot of courts so we can run more than one group of 16 in each division if there is the need. We ran two, 3.5 divisions when we hosted this tournament in February.
If you call to register and are told the division is full, be sure to get put on the waiting list as we need two alternates and I will run another division if we have enough players.
See you on the courts!